There are many apps that reach the app store every day and some of them become a huge hit. There are many elements that ensure a good iPhone app. It would be difficult to create a perfect iPhone app, I don’t think there is anything called a perfect iPhone app. An app which is perfect for you might not be for the other. If an application serves its purpose easily and effectively then it is an ideal application. The idea behind the app is what makes it interesting.
An iPhone app is a very important element for a company and they would want it to be the best in its league. A developer or designer needs to understand the business before he can develop an iPhone application. A thorough homework is necessary before creating the app. It is the only way a developer can create a great iPhone application.
There are many factors that are involved in creating an ideal iPhone app. Let’s have a look at some effective tips to design effective app for iPhone.
- The first thing you need to know is what you exactly want the app to do. First determine the functionality of the application that you want to build. You need to do a lot of brainstorming and research before you start building an app. You also need to decide on the flow of the app, and also the function of the app. All that you plan, mainly the functionality should go onto the wireframe even before you think of the design. This will help you to plan the flow of the app and also the user experience.
- Once you create the wireframe do not be in a hurry at all. The next step is to create a PSD template of the application you want to build. In this step that you want to ensure that you have put everything in the right place. Always check to see if everything is just like you want it to be. Take time and decide each step in advance so that you have a clear vision going forward. You have to be careful here otherwise you might develop a great design but not a great app.
- The design is also an important element of your iPhone application. One of the best features of the new iPhones is that it has got the HD retina display and the screen size is also increasing. There are also many software upgrades that have taken place in the new iPhone. So you need to adjust your app according to the size of the screen. You have to provide the highest degree of user experience. The look and feel of the app is also as important as the flow and functionality of the app.
- As I said before, the new iPhone has a better display than its predecessors and so it is advisable that you do not use any default functions like buttons and icons. You do not want your app to look average or cheap. So use custom buttons and icons which will add to the look and feel of your iPhone application. The app should appeal to the user so that he can refer that app to other users.
- Apple has its guidelines and best practices which can be referred by developers and designers. So always have a look at the guidelines and best practices section. This will help you to create a great app that will not only serve its purpose and also be great design wise. Follow the advices provided by Apple which will help you to create great apps. They have provided many pointers in the guidelines in order help you create a good app. The minimum tapping area is an iPhone app is 44×44 pixels, such pointers will really help in the design.
All these points will help you to create a good iPhone app which will be effective and gorgeous. Once you develop the app then you need to market it so that people would know about and it and download it. So once the app is up and running you need to spread the word about the app so that people would use it and refer it to other users.
This article has been written by an Justin Depp, currently associated with Appsknack – mobile app reseller and offers free app maker software for diverse industries such as entertainment, education, sports, medical and health care, and other businesses. The writer loves to blog about iPhone apps and spends a lot of time assisting other employees of Appsknack.