What is a fire place? It is nothing but a structure which is made of stone, brick or metal and it is designed in manner so that it can contain fire. Fireplaces are used in cold temperatures to warm up the room and the same time they create a very soothing and relaxing ambience. The concept of fireplace goes back to thousands of years. Fireplaces have now become quite common in almost all the households, and you can choose from the stone, wood or marble fireplace to decorate your home and have a great resale value for it.
As mentioned, the history of fireplace goes back to thousands of years. Earlier they were used for multipurpose uses, like to heat a dwelling, for cooking, and various other domestic uses.
What Are the Components of a Fireplace?
In a fireplace, fire is contained in a firepot or a firebox; it contains a chimney or other channels through which the smoke generated can pass through:
- It contains a foundation
- A hearth
- A Firebox
- A mantelpiece
- A chimney crane (used in laundry and kitchen fireplaces)
- A grate
- A Lintel bar
- Over Mantel
- Smoke Chamber
- A flue, and
- A Throat
Types of Fire Places
These days, there are different types of fireplaces available in the market. Here are some of the most popular ones.
- Wood Burning Fireplace: Talking about fireplaces, a traditional one which is burnt with the help of wood is what comes to mind. These days, there are different options which are available in this category. These fireplaces can be differentiated in terms of their cost effectiveness, their ease of use and different other features.If someone is willing to add a touch of traditional design to the interior, then these would be the perfect items. They are not only attractive; they are equally useful and generates enough amount of heat.
- Ethanol Burning Fireplace: These fireplaces have become very popular these days because they are easy to install and are fashionable at the same time. There are different designs available when it comes to this specification. These odorless and clean and would be perfect if someone is not willing to spend a lot of time in cleaning.
- Gas Burning Fireplaces: These are also very popular these days, though they not create the same ambiance which is created by the wood burning ones. These are the ideal ones if someone is looking for more cleanliness at an affordable price. When it comes to the installation process, they require very little amount of reconstruction work. These are the perfect solutions for someone who is looking for more for less.
- Electric Fireplaces: Compared to all different types of fireplaces available in the market, the electric ones are the most cost effective available in the market. When it comes to the installation process, these are very easy to install. The heat can be turned off and on with the help of a switch and it creates the same ambiance like the wooden ones does. These days, these fireplaces are available with remote controls which makes them easier to operate. These fireplaces are environment friendly and generates very little amount of fume.
Apart from these, there are other various types of fireplaces which are available in the market. These are very popular in the cold places and they are very effective when it comes to keeping the room warm. If you want fireplaces in different categories and colors and materials, then you can search online and get the best deals along with the pricing and the house-warming capacity.
Joseph Webb is an excellent blogger and philosopher, His keen observation to provide useful information which helps readers to get more idea. Follow him on social media at @aussiesmag, +JosephWebbs and Facebook.