Java is a wonderful computer language that has universal applications. It allows programmers to develop many things such as apps, components, and applets. Sun is one company that provides a kit for the use of developers so that they can develop new programs using Java. This free kit contains not just Java tools and libraries but also JRE. This article teaches how to install this kit (JDK) on your system irrespective of whether it is Linux, Windows, or Solaris.
Step by Step Guide to Install JDK
- Step 1: Log on to the official website of Sun to know more about Java. Check if your computer has the minimum requirements to install JDK and also if it meets your software developmental needs.
- Step 2: Find the latest version of JDK on the site and click on download. There are many different versions offered by Sun so make sure the version you are downloading has the features that meet your requirement.
- Step 3: You have to agree to the licensing agreement of the company to be able to download the product on your computer. If you have any queries regarding this agreement, please read it before pressing the accept button.
- Step 4: Also take a look at the version to ensure it matches the OS you are using. You have the option to install the file offline also. In that case, you have to download the installer that will install the software on your computer.
- Step 5: open and run this installer to install JDK on your system. Just follow the instructions and delete installer after the installation is complete.
You can now start to make use of JDK. If you need any help, there are the internet forums as well as tutorials available on the internet.