You and your app is not alone. Right now, there are more than 2 million apps in the App store. Creating a great app is not enough to make it the next Angry Birds, Candy crash, and Google knows it.
But to build a feasible app, you need to build a solid Marketing strategy to get your app into the hands of the users who are looking for it on app store.
Work on an app marketing has to start long before it releases and continue after it’s released. So, first of all you need to develop a pre-and post detailed plan to promote your app in Market otherwise your work could be wasted and you lose lots of money and efforts.
75+ Android Apps for Designers & Developers
The best Mobile Marketing will include both pre-launch and post launch and best strategy will include organic and paid app marketing.
Pre-Launch Marketing Strategy
There are a few steps you need to follow to take before you going to launch your app:
- Select Important Keywords
- Choose a Good Name
- List your Competitors
- Choose the right category
- Create an Amazing Icon
- Take a Good Screenshot
- Create a Great Video
- Select Important Keywords: A keyword represent a term that a user will use to search and recognize what your app does. To make a successful mobile app marketing strategy, you need to understand the keywords that matter. Selecting strong keywords related to your business for your app is the key of success. You can use keywords tools such as MobileDevHQ and AppCod.es.
These keywords tools make it easy to tell you which keywords will be good for your app and you will also learn how often those keywords are searched within app stores.
- Choose a Good Name: “Names have Power.” Your app name should be unique, simple and memorable but it should also contain keyword. An App name matters a lot in app store. A right name can make your app popular.
- List your Competitors:After selecting keywords and app name now it’s time to research your competitors. What they are doing in app marketing?Which apps rank highly in app store? Make a list of 4 and 5 potential competitors based on similarity to your app and business.
- Choose the right category:choosing the right category for your app is a whole science in itself. Calculate risk for yourself and your app and understand pros and cons of each category and choose the right and more relevant for your app to drive its success.
- Create an Amazing Icon: “First impression is the last Impression.” Just like your name your app icon matters. Your app icon tells your story and purpose and its style. It is the first interaction your audience will have with your app.
Make your icon unique, amazing so users will be most likely to click and download after searching it on play and app store.
- Take a Good Screenshot: Expert says that screenshots are an essential tool to turn your audience into users. Make sure your app screenshots are well capture, informative and memorable.
Post-Launch Marketing Strategy
There are a few steps you need to follow to take after launched your app
- Sign up for App Store Analytics
- Use Social Media
- Build a Website
- App Store Optimization
- Sign up for App Store Analytics: To track app progress accurately, you need to first sign up for an analytics tool. There are numbers of tools available that can perform a subset of functions, but the two most are AppAnnie and MobileDevHQ.
- Use Social Media:“Words of Mouth.” Increase social sharing for your app is another one of the most important ways new user can find your app. Building a relation with social media follower on Facebook, Twitter, G+, LinkedIn, Tumbler, Instagram platforms where your audience is active is important. Share relevant content with your audience on a regular basis to keep them update.
- Build a Website: I always use this term in my presentation in mobile marketing that “Mobile is great and Apps are amazing but the website still matters.” Whenever a user searches google for your app they will find both your app’s detail page and your website home page. If user land on your website page this will be a great tool to convert web visitor into potential users.
- App Store Optimization: It is much like to optimize your website for search engine. Your App also need to optimize for App Store. It is very important to make sure your app has right Title and description so user can find it. Including ASO in your marketing strategy will boost your app growths.
Share your app marketing tips with us and also what app marketing strategies have worked for your business?
Ashish is a very entrepreneurial person with more than 10 years experience in IT Industry. He is highly responsible and committed leader at WeDigTech – A hub of Skilled Mobile App Developers Los Angeles. Focused on helping enterprises StartUps from domestic to MNCs.