Probably the greatest success story for Amazon is the Kindle Fire range. According to the latest data 33% of the Android market for tablets is held by Kindle. Actually, it all started with the original device called Kindle Fire. Ever since then the gadget is being constantly upgraded and newer versions are being released regularly. Speaking of the latest model of Kindle – Fire HD, you should know that it comes in 2 sizes – 7” and 8.9”. You can read full Kindle Fire HD review here.
If you take a look at the feedback on this great device you will be pleasantly surprised since it is mainly positive. Reviews and user opinions can be easily found on internet, so before making a purchase, make sure to read anything you can find on the device you have chosen. However, in this article we will try to discuss some of the widely known kindle fire hd problems and solutions – we hope we will help you.
Many people report that there are some serious issues with overheating. Kindle Fire HD becomes extremely hot if you are playing games or watching movies for a longer period of time. Sometimes, if the heat increases, the tablet might even shut down in order to prevent critical damage.You must know that it is one of the best devices for traveling and it could be a serious issue while one the go!
Good tip here is to remove the case of the device (in case you have one). It is no secret that all tablets are getting really warm, but if you notice that your device is being uncomfortably warm, then the chance is you have a problematic hardware.
Solution: Contact Amazon for product replacement.
2- Email is not Updating or not Working
People report that there have been some email issues concerning the update part. Some reports state that the email works for a couple of hours and then all of a sudden stops. Well, the trend shows that this is a typical problem for all Comcast and Verizon users. However, it has been spotted with people on other carriers. The main problem here comes from the native email application, because most of the complaining people fixed their problem by installing a third-party application.
- Download and test a free third-party application as Kaiten Mail or K-9 Mail.
- Buy a third-party mail application.
3- It Freezes While Using or Won’t Start Up
Some people reported major freezes while using and others claim the tablet won’t even power up.
- Rebooting Kindle Fire HD might help in the above described situation. Just press down the power button for around 20 seconds and then tap it to power it on.
- Hold the power button for 20 seconds and as soon as the device switches off, plug in the charger, press the power button again in order to switch on the tablet.
4- Device isn’t Charging
Many problems related to the battery have occurred in the last couple of weeks. The issues are really different – from complete charging refusal to slow and partial charge. Don’t worry – there are a couple of things that you should check before contacting the retailer. Remember – it is always better to use the original charging cable rather than third-party one.
- Restart the device by pressing the power button for 20 seconds and plug the charger in
- Always double check the cable you are going to use for recharging. Of course it would be great if you use the genuine one, designed specially for Kindle Fire HD. In case you have lost it, or don’t have one – check the rating of your current cable. A decent recharging cable can be found for approximately 10$.
- Before using the charger with your Kindle Fire HD, try it with another device first.
- In case there is no indication on the charging light (it has to be orange during the recharging process, and should turn green as soon as the device is fully recharged) try moving the cable. Some of the devices are reported to have loose ports and this might be the reason for the problem.
5- It Won’t Connect to Wi-Fi
If we have to be honest – there are at least 100 reasons because of which your Kindle Fire HD might not connect to wireless network. However, below you will find a couple of things that might not be a bad idea to try. First of all check whether or not your Airplane Mode is turned (it should be off), and see if you have enabled the Wi-Fi antenna -> Notifications bar -> More -> Wireless
- Restart both Kindle Fire HD and your router and switch them back on at the same time.
- Reboot only the Kindle and switch it on right after it shuts down.
- Before making this step make sure you have full battery. Reset the device to default factory settings – pull down the notification bar and follow the path More -> My Account -> Deregister. Press on Deregister in order to accept the terms. Go to the notification bar again and go to More -> Device -> Reset to Factory settings.
If still nothing happens and you are not able to connect to a wireless network, then you might have your router set to a wrong channel. We recommend you to call your ISP and ask them what else you should do. Kindle is one of best tablets for Christmas or for any other event so you must know how to fix its common issues.